Tuesday 10 April 2012

Word On The Street





I don’t usually blog about eating opportunities before they happen (I tend to fall in love when food is in front of me) but I'm making an exception for Street Kitchen.

For those that haven’t heard of it, Street Kitchen is the work of two veterans of the industry Mark Jankel and Jun Tanaka, who've been peddling exemplary British street food from their pitch on Broadgate Circle for the past year. I became a fan after being fed a rather brilliant mackerel-based lunch last summer.

Mmmmm mackerel...



Their current venture takes on the most British of all culinary traditions – the roast dinner (in partnership with Riverford Organic who also know a thing or two about quality local produce). The series of pop-up lunches will kick off this Sunday at SK's Battersea HQ.

Having also sampled their slow-roasted pork and a stunning rhubarb eton mess, I predict two of the finest courses you'll find in our dear capital. And if that wasn’t enough, at 25 quid, it’s a bargain too…

For details or to book visit www.riverfordsundaylunches.eventbrite.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment