Wednesday 7 September 2011

Cross It Off



















Saturday mornings mean Saturday kitchen and breakfast in bed, which is why I have missed out on the delights of North Cross Road Market until now. Thank god for circumstance (and a freelance article) which got me out of bed at 8am and daaan the market by 9.

I was there to hang out with Cooper aka The Dogfather who was a pleasure and a joy. What a lovely man and, more importantly, what ridiculously delicious hot dogs. I grilled him whilst he grilled and watched in awe as he created corkers like 'The Mexican Elvis' (Beef Steak n' Pinto Bean Sauce, Jalapenos, Cheddar, Grilled Onions, Hot Cheese Sauce and a 100% beef dog) to a queue of adoring fans.

















Once Cooper got busy, I got busy with the rest of the market...


































































































Gourmet Lunch Boxes (mmmm... saffron chicken), The Viet-Van (mmmm... Vietnamese baguettes), Comfort and Joy (mmmm... wraps), as well as huge wodges of sexy cheese, wickedly plump tomatoes and indecently glossy tarts. If I hadn't already eaten a mammouth hot dog, I would have been in serious trouble.

Get ye down to East Dulwich. I like it so much, I'm moving there.

(I would not lie for journalistic effect.)

North Cross Road Market
East Dulwich
SE22 9EV
Monday to Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment